The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC

Get legal help now (904) 342-6640
Home \ The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC \ Jacksonville Disability Planning Lawyer \

Jacksonville Disability Planning Lawyer

Select a video below to learn about Florida Disability Planning Law from the Jacksonville attorney(s) at the law firm of The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC


Disability Planning Law Basics: Understanding disability and social security programs can greatly assist you in planning for persons with disabilities. Special needs law, including wills and trusts, probate, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, guardianships, long term care planning, may vary among the states. The Jacksonville lawyer(s) at The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC answer your important questions, on video, about planning for persons with disabilities law in Florida. For answers to your legal questions about Disability Planning Law, click on a question below, or to contact The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC about Disability Planning Law issues, use the form below or call (904) 342-6640.

All Video Answers

Can I contribute to a special needs trust my mother-in-law established in her will for my niece, or do I set up my own?

Can my disabled child start receiving Social Security based upon my husband's employment history?

Can the disabled beneficiary get the money out of the special needs trust if she needs it?

How are pooled trusts useful for disabled persons?

How do I get a special needs trust in my will for the benefit of a disabled person?

How do I know what pooled trust is right for me?

How does Social Security determine disability?

How does someone establish a supplemental needs trust?

How is a supplemental needs trust different from any other asset protection trust?

I now get government assistance, but may inherit a significant amount of money. Will my government benefits be reduced?

I was told that because I did not work long enough, I cannot get disability from Social Security. Is that true?

If I have a special needs trust from a different state, is it good in Florida?

Is it true that Social Security will pay disabled persons?

Must the money left over in a special needs trust after a disabled person dies be paid to the government?

My adult child is disabled and never worked. Can she collect Social Security benefits?


Related Keywords

compass asset protection trust assets benefits disability disabled pooled trust Social Security special needs trust SSDI SSI supplemental needs trust

Get Legal Help

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms of use of this website. I read this website's disclaimer and privacy policy and understand that THELAW.TV is not a lawyer referral service and makes no representation regarding the quality of legal services offered by the participating attorneys.

Law Firm Info

The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC

9250 Baymeadows Road, Suite 450
Jacksonville, Florida 32256

(904) 342-6640

About Our Firm

The Coleman Law Firm is a Jacksonville, Florida estate planning, elder law, and probate Florida law firm of probate lawyers and attorneys who practice in the areas of estate planning, wills and trusts, elder law and Medicaid planning, special needs trusts, Florida estate taxes, business succession planning, small business law, wealth preservation and asset protection planning, charitable planning, Florida probate law and trust administration. We are a participating attorney in the AARP Legal Services Network.

Our Office Location


The Florida lawyer(s) at The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC offer their Disability Planning Lawservices to residents of Jacksonville, Orange Park, Jacksonville Beach, St. Augustine, Green Cove Springs, Yulee, Fernandina Beach, Callahan, Mayport, Mandarin, Atlantic Beach, Hilliard, Neptune Beach, Middleburg, Macclenny, Duval County, Clay County, Nassau County, St. Johns County, and Baker County.